9 hours ago
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Big 3 Year Old
Where do I even start with this little guy?? He is SUCH a character! Him and C are two peas in a pod. Those two always keep us smiling for some reason or another. :)
For him, health is always a huge priority... so health-wise he's doing pretty good. We're struggling with his weight right now, as he's not gaining any or growing taller (and hasn't really for the last year). Lung development is very closely related to weight, so in order for his lung development to be the best it can be, we want his weight to be the best IT can be. So trying to find "healthy" high calorie food for him to eat is the real challenge right now. I don't want to just dump a lot of junk in him, but figuring out a high calorie diet that doesn't involve that kind of stuff takes more time than I have on my hands, so it's something I'm working on... Anyways, besides that he has been pretty healthy and we are SO happy with that!!
His speech has been an area that we have been trying to work on with him. After having two TALKATIVE girls, we had a hard time with a boy who up until 6 months ago wasn't saying a whole lot. Now that he is talking, he's really taking off. He's still probably behind where he should be, but it seems like every day we are understanding him more and he's attempting to say more! :)
P is one of the most crazy kids I know... wait... I think he IS the craziest kid I know!! He is constantly doing things that practically give me a heart attack, he hardly EVER slows down and he tries to get away with everything by giving you a sly little smile. (Which I will admit, it usually makes his consequence a little less than what is deserved... something I need to work on..) For all that craziness, he can also be a VERY big snuggle bug. He comes up to me at least ten times a day saying, "Mommy, hug!" Just yesterday, we were driving in the van and he started blowing me kisses and was adamant about me "catching" them. Especially at night, he LOVES cuddling up next to either me or D. I warned D while I was pregnant with P that I fully intended to raise him to be a mama's boy... and for the most part, I've succeeded... except for the fact that he's a totally daddy's boy at the same time. That little guy has SO much love in him!
He has such a passion for so many things! He LOVES sports, but especially baseball. (His mommy probably plays a small part in that one). He also loves cars (not just the movie), trains, super heroes and riding his bike.
I am AMAZED at how well he rides his bike! This is great for a few reasons... It means that it's a lot easier to go on bike rides as a family... well, everyone but M and myself ride bikes. I jog with M in a jogging stroller (which was SO generously given to us by a friend). C tends to fall off her bike pretty frequently because she doesn't have training wheels anymore, so it's my job to get her back going after she falls. :) It's also great because we've learned that exercise is a HUGE part of CF patient's lives. The more they exercise, the healthier it is for their lungs. So we want to make sure that the boys grow up having exercise part of their daily routine. So the bike thing is pretty cool for many different reasons. :)
We are still attempting the whole potty training thing. We were getting pretty successful with the pee pee, but the other one just wasn't happening in the potty. Then M was born and we haven't really started trying again, but I want to soon because there's a lot of things going on this summer that he could do (VBS, swimming lessons, etc) if only he was potty trained!
I guess that's it for his update! Our next big celebration is going to be in the beginning of June when we will have a seven year old on our hands!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment